Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get started in becoming a Pilot?
Are there any age requirements associated with becoming a pilot?
The minimum age to obtain a student pilot license is 16 years old. There is no minimum age to start flight training, we have students as young as 12 years old. There is no maximum age limit so long as a valid FAA Medical Certificate is maintained.
How do I obtain a FAA Medical Certificate?
We can assist you in setting up a physical exam with an Aviation Medical Examiner. The examiner will assist you with any concerns you may have regarding your health and flying.
How do I obtain a Student Pilot License?
When having a FAA Medical Exam conducted ensure to tell the doctor that you would like a Medical Certificate and a Student Pilot License and one will be issued to you.
How long will the training take?
Duration will vary based on activity level and the course that you are enrolled (all numbers are averages).
· Private Pilot (Accelerated) – As quick as 45 days
· Private Pilot (Part-time) – 6-8 months
· Professional Pilot Program (Accelerated) – 6 to 12 months
Who will my instructor be?
When enrolling we will have all students fill out an availability sheet. Based on your availability we will match you with a permanent instructor with similar availability to maximize your learning efficiency.
What would my training schedule be?
We offer web-based scheduling that all students have access to and reserve instructor and aircraft time. All students are encouraged to reserve a regular time for your lesson to increase the efficiency of your training program.
What tests will I have to take to obtain my license?
There will be three exams to obtain your license.
· Written Exam – multiple choice standardized test
· Oral Exam – administered by FAA Designated Pilot Examiner
· Flight Exam – administered by FAA Designated Pilot Examiner
How will I prepare for the FAA Written Exam?
We offer three different training regiments to allow you to make the best choice for you.
· Classroom Ground School – enjoy the camaraderie of a classroom environment and value of shared costs
· Jeppesen Online Course – your instructor will monitor your performance in the software
· Self-Study – Use the textbooks included in our Private Pilot Kit to study and your instructor will administer periodic exams.
How safe are the training aircraft?
Connecticut Flight Academy is proud to say that has had no accidents or incidents thanks to our emphasis on safety during all flight and maintenance operations. All work done on our airplanes is done in accordance with Manufacturer’s and the FAA’s rules and recommendations by on staff full-time certified Airframe and Powerplant mechanics.
Do you rent your aircraft to students after obtaining your license?
Absolutely, who better to fly the airplanes than pilots that just learned how to fly on them? You now have the ability to fly an airplane at anytime, anywhere, with anyone.
How do I pay for my flight training?
We offer a variety of flight training payment plans that fit into your financial plan.
· Pay for the course in full
· Financing is available with our third party lender Pilot Finance
· Pay as you go